Looking for an expert to comment on the latest pertussis outbreak or medical discovery? Curious about recent advances in surgery or treatment options for breast cancer? Want to learn the latest teaching innovations in preparing future physicians for careers in medicine?
The Office of Communications at WMU Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine should be your first stop to make contact with WMed experts who’ll add balance, depth, and perspective to your stories. We can help put you in touch with our experts who are leaders in teaching, research and patient care.
For Media Inquiries
Director of Communications
Call: 269.337.4420, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., EST, Monday through Friday.
All media inquiries should go through the WMed Office of Communications. All media must be escorted by our staff when at our campus locations. If you have a media request for the medical examiner, please call the Office of the Medical Examiner at 269.337.6173.
For Patient Interviews
- Media who wish to interview patients at our WMed clinical facilities must notify the Office of Communications in advance.
- A WMed representative will meet and escort you to the interview location.
- You must have permission from the patient or the patient’s family for an interview. If the patient is a minor, such permission must be obtained from a parent or legal guardian.
- A consent form must be signed prior to the interview.
The Office of Communications
- Pitch stories to local and national media about WMed
- Handle crisis and disaster communications
- Find experts for media seeking interviews
- Host press conferences
- Work with researchers on publicizing studies
- Assist patients, families, physicians, researchers and others fielding media requests