The Application Process
In order to be considered for admission to Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine applicants will go through the following steps:
- AMCAS Application - Submit a primary application to the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS).
- Supplemental Application - After an initial review, select candidates are invited to complete the WMed supplemental application.
- Experiences Review - Select candidates move next to the experiences review where we review your pre-medical experiences, essays and application materials.
- Phone Interview - We have designed a telephone interview to help us learn more about your personal attributes. This is not an interview you can study for and isn’t designed to test your medical or scientific knowledge. This step is unique to WMed and is designed to help us learn more about your personal attributes.
- Campus Interview - Approximately 420 applicants will be invited to Kalamazoo to visit campus, meet with faculty and students for a campus interview. The interview day includes both a traditional interview and a structured interview.
Things to Remember
Timing Matters - WMed uses rolling admission and we encourage applicants to complete each step of the process in a timely fashion for best consideration.
Check Your Email - WMed sends all communication via email so keep an eye on your inbox and make sure our emails aren’t getting caught by an email filter.
Applicant Portal - Applicants will be sent login information to our secure applicant portal to track their progress in the admissions process.
Admissions Questions - If you have questions, you’re welcome to contact the Office of Admissions at Admissions@med.wmich.edu.