It is our vision to be a Family Medicine Residency Program that prepares and equips our graduates to practice Family Medicine in the 21st century. Graduates will be trained and have demonstrated the ability to:
- Offer companionate, comprehensive, and evidence-based effective clinical care to patients and their families
- Provide culturally competent, relationship and patient centered, team model of delivery care to patients and their families
- Develop clinical questions, utilize QI data, critically access medical literature, and perform self assessment in order to improve and maintain competence
We emphasize physician versatility and responsiveness, particularly in light of the ever-changing needs of patients and their families. Whether you picture yourself in group practice, managed care, rural health or a continuing fellowship, the Family Medicine Residency offers an outstanding educational opportunity to help you reach your goal.
Outpatient Clinics based at a Federally Qualified Health Center (The Kalamazoo Family Health Center) - Committeed to Compassionately Serving the Underprivileged
Osteopathic Recognition - WMed Family Medicine was one of the first programs in the country to receive Osteopathic Recogntion through the ACGME. We are eager to continue our legacy of integrated hands-on Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Training of the highest quality througout the AOA/ACGME merger and beyond. Osteopathic medical students are welcomed and encouraged to apply. OMM Training is available to interested MDs and DOs.
International Electives - Yearly Tropical Medicine Rotation in Madagascar available
OB Track - Our clinic practices a lot of obstetrics and all residents are required to obtain 40 deliveries including 10 continuity deliveries. Residents who are interested in making OB part of their practice have an additional opportunity to obtain extra experience through the OB track.
Sports Medicine - Work with college athletes from both Division 1 and Division 3 schools, high school athletes, professional soccer and hockey teams, the USTA Boys age 16-18 National Championships and other annual mass participation events.
Rural and Urban experiences available
- USMLE/COMLEX Steps 1 & 2 (CS & CK) - pass on first attempt
- Graduated from Medical School within the previous 3 calendar years
- Graduated from a Medical School approved by the Medical Board of California. For a complete list click here.
- US Clinical Experience (6 months minimum)
- Demonstrated Interest in Family Medicine
Thank you for visiting our web site. For more information, e-mail us at email@example.com.