Top 10 Reasons to Apply to WMed
10. We have a new facility that has been designed for medical student education.
9. The class size is small, allowing students to receive individual attention and know their faculty and classmates well.
8. Students will be part of a 40-year tradition of medical student and resident education in Kalamazoo. WMed currently has more than 200 residents each year in nine residency and fellowship programs.
7. Students will learn by doing in the WMed state-of-the-art simulation center and stay in shape in the on-site fitness center.
6. Teaching involves team-based, simulation-based, and case-based learning. This means more learning by application to real patients with real problems.
5. Students have the opportunity to begin exploring career options with elective experiences starting in Year 1.
4. The curriculum provides three weeks during the first semester to help ensure a successful transition to medical school.
3. Students are part of a Learning Community throughout their four years of medical school, which provides advising, opportunities for peer interaction, support, and a sense of community.
2. Clinical experiences take place in two great hospital systems (those of Borgess Health and Bronson Healthcare), the WMed outpatient clinics, and community physician offices.
1. Applicants with a pioneering spirit have the opportunity to make history by being part of one of the newest medical schools in the U.S.