Applications are accepted from students attending either an LCME or AOA accredited medical school. Applications from students from Canadian medical schools jointly accredited by the LCME and CACMS will also be considered.
Contact Resident Affairs for further information at 269.337.6040 or email@example.com.
All electives are two or four weeks in duration. To apply for an elective:
- Applicants from U.S. LCME or AOA accredited medical schools must apply through VSAS.
- Provide their own means of transportation during an elective.
- If elective occurs between 10/1 - 3/31, student must show proof of receipt of required influenza vaccination(s).
Students are provided the following:
- Free shared housing is available for up to 12 students per month, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Academic Elective Dates
Academic Year 2017-2018:
Click program link on left to view course objectives.
Department of Anesthesiology
Department of Emergency Medicine
Department of Family and Community Medicine
- Advanced Hospital Family Medicine
- Advanced Ambulatory Family Medicine
Department of Medicine
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Department of Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology
- Forensic Pathology
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
- Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
- Adolescent Medicine
- Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics
- Child and Trauma Prenatal Exposure
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Newborn and Infant Nutritional Support
- Advanced Hospital Pediatrics
- Advanced Ambulatory Pediatrics
Department of Psychiatry
- Hospital Consult/Liasion Psychiatry
- Advanced Hospital Geriatric Psychiatry
- Advanced Adolescent Psychiatry
- Advanced Adult Psychiatry
Department of Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Interventional Radiology
Department of Surgery
- Advanced General Surgery
- Advanced Trauma and Critical Care Surgery