We use the following criteria to determine which applicants to our program will be offered interviews:
- Only applications submitted through ERAS are considered for review.
- The application process begins July 15, 2017, for the AOA match, and September 15, 2017, for the NRMP match.
- All allopathic and osteopathic graduates match with our program through the NRMP match. We do not participate in the AOA match.
- We require all applicants to have passed USMLE Steps 1 and 2, or COMLEX for DO applicants.
- The preferred minimum score for international graduates for Steps 1 and 2 is 250.
- The preferred minimum score for DO applicants for COMLEX 1 is 500, and 520 for COMLEX 2.
- We prefer International Medical Graduate (IMG) applicants who are ECFMG-certified prior to Match Day.
- TOEFL certification is required for matched applicants (if applicable). According to the State of Michigan Bureau of Professional Licensing, an incoming resident who went to a medical school in which the language of instruction was NOT English, must take the TOEFL-IBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exam and achieve a score of not less than 80 in order to receive an educational limited medical license in Michigan. Visit www.toefl.org for further information.
- U.S. clinical experience is helpful but not necessary.
- We sponsor J-1 Visas ONLY.
- The preferred minimum graduation date is 2014; if prior to 2014, you must have continued to do research or practice medicine with no lapses in time.
- The application deadline is December 1, 2017.
Please note that scores and year of graduation are PREFERENCES; each application is considered in its entirety. All applications are reviewed by our faculty. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by email.