Prospective and current students can view their tuition/fee account charges, pay balances, view financial aid awards and accept/decline financial aid offers by logging into their account from the Student Portal. Instructions and links are provided via email notifications from our office. Direct Deposit and Payment Plan forms are posted on the Student Portal (Login Required) and made available to prospective students during their pre-matriculation period.
After students submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and complete any outstanding requirements, a financial aid award notification is emailed from our office. Students are not required to actively accept institutional scholarships but must actively accept or decline offers of federal student loans.
- Select "Student Account Info-Make a Payment" from the menu options on the right.
- This will open the "Billing Detail Summary" page and provide access to the "Financials" menu options.
- Click on the "Financials" tab to view financial aid awards, accept or decline aid, view student account information, and make payments.
Adjustments to Tuition/Fee Charges
Charges for tuition, books, parking, and other charges are assessed each term. Billing statements will be revised to reflect any changes that occur.
Account Payments and Refunds
- Students who receive sufficient financial aid to cover charges each term are not required to make online payments. Their balance will be paid at the time financial aid is disbursed to their account.
- If a financial aid disbursement creates a credit on the account, the excess funds will be issued to the student within 14 days of the date the funds are credited.
- If a financial aid disbursement does not cover the full amount due, the student is expected to pay his/her portion of the bill by posted due dates each term.&
Requesting a Payment Plan
A payment plan is available to students who pay their account balances from personal sources in lieu of borrowing federal or private/alternative student loans. The plan divides the charges each term into two equal payments instead of a single payment: the first payment is due during the first week of the term, and the second payment is due within four weeks of the first payment.
To request a payment plan, complete a Payment Plan Agreement and submit it to the Office of Financial Aid for approval.
Setting Up Direct Deposit
Students who have a credit balance on their& account after tuition/fee charges are paid receive the excess funds to use for living and other education-related expenses. Direct Deposit is the quickest and safest way to receive these funds from WMed. Students submit a Direct Deposit form as part of pre-matriculation requirements and then must submit a new form each time bank account information changes. Be sure that bank account information provided to the medical school is ALWAYS current and accurate to avoid delays in receiving funds.
Refer to the following Financial Aid Disbursement calendars for estimated payment due dates, financial aid disbursements, and refunds of credit balances. The dates listed are the earliest possible dates based on the start dates of each term. Disbursements and refunds continue on a rolling basis as students become eligible. Students can use these dates to plan for their refunds and budget their monthly expenses.
- Financial Aid Disbursement Calendar (Class of 2019)
- Financial Aid Disbursement Calendar (Class of 2020)
- Financial Aid Disbursement Calendar (Class of 2021)
- Financial Aid Disbursement Calendar (Class of 2022)
Students who have surplus loan funds can request that all or a portion of a loan disbursement be returned to their lender. This will reduce overall indebtedness upon graduation.
Revised May 2018