The Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences program is designed to enhance biomedical science knowledge and prepare students for medical school. Our program includes 11 courses, many taken alongside first year medical students, which allows the student to demonstrate the ability to handle the rigorous coursework. At the conclusion of this program, students meeting the requirements are invited to join the medical degree program at WMed.
At the conclusion of the program, you will be able to:
- Display knowledge of established and evolving biomedical sciences.
- Apply established and emerging biophysical scientific principles fundamental to healthcare.
- Achieve an MCAT score that meets WMed medical school admission standards.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Commit to professional degree training.
Select applicants are invited to apply based on the AMCAS application materials. Each student will have a faculty mentor who provides individualized support, encouragement, and feedback. Also, WMed’s Learning Skills Specialist will mentor, coach and provide study and learning skills, test-taking skills, time management and other success skills to assist students throughout the program.
Candidates are invited to this program from the AMCAS application pool.