2018 Research Day Deadlines
- Thursday, April 19: Deadline for submission - MUST submit posters to printer by 5:00pm (to avoid late fees)
- Friday, April 27: Oral PowerPoint presentation deadline – MUST submit by 5:00 p.m.
The 36th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Research Day, sponsored by the medical school will be held on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018 at the Western Michigan University John T. Bernhard Center in Kalamazoo. The event will feature keynote speaker, Dr. James Cook, presenting "Biologic Joint Replacement—Does it really work?"
Dr. Cook the William & Kathryn Allen Distinguished Chair in Orthopaedic Surgery, the Director of the Thompson Laboratory for Regenerative Orthopaedics & Mizzou BioJoint Center and Chief of the Orthopaedic Research Division at the University of Missouri.
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Creditsä. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Research Day Submission Categories
- Basic Sciences: Activities related to fundamental, theoretical, or experimental sciences including development of technologies and techniques.
- Clinical: Activities related to safety and effectiveness of medications, devices, diagnostic products; and treatment regimens intended for human use, including analysis of established clinical practice and case presentations.
- Community: Activities related to identifying and addressing community health needs.
- Education: Activities related to the design, development, and implementation of educational programs or events, including the utilization of technology in the classroom setting.
- Medical Humanities: Activities related to the application of humanities, social sciences, and the arts to medical education and practice.
- Quality Improvement: Activities related to performance improvement or quality improvement of medical practice, including the enhancement of healthcare delivery.
Poster Printing Details
- Size: 42'' tall x 63" wide (using a 24" x 36" template)
- Pricing: $95.00
- Late Fee: $25
- Forms: Poster Instructions and Purchase Order
ScholarWorks at WMed
Accepted and final abstract submissions will be deposited into ScholarWorks. ScholarWorks is an online open-access repository designed to collect and preserve scholarly, educational, and creative works produced by WMed faculty, staff, and students, and serves as a permanent digital archive for these materials. Abstracts from Research Day will be deposited in the WMU Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine Collection: Research Day. The full-text abstracts are searchable within ScholarWorks and search engines such as Google. You will be able to link your abstract through a stable URL so other researchers will be able to find your work. Research Day entries will also have the option to submit their research posters within WMed's ScholarWorks collections. For more information, please contact a WMed Librarian.