The Research Histology Laboratory provides an extensive array of routine and specialized histological services, as well as immunohistochemical stains. The laboratory boasts highly skilled and quality technical and professional pathology services and is capable of assisting researchers at WMed and beyond. Take a look at the laboratory’s full list of services:
Tissue trimming, processing, embedding, sectioning and staining for routine and research samples.
- Paraffin and frozen sectioning and staining
- Bone decalcification and sectioning
- Unstained slides, serial and step sectioning
- Conventional staining
- Barcode labeling of cassettes and slides
Specialty Histology Staining
Histochemical techniques to demonstrate various tissue components.
- Gram stain
- Periodic acid Schiff (PAS)
- Prussian blue
- Masson’s trichrome
- Oil Red O
Immunohistochemistry for both routine and novel markers.
- Tau AT8
- Amyloid precursor protein (APP)
- Neuropathology – Large brain sectioning
- Cell block processing
- Image analysis
Additional stains, antibodies, or custom requests are welcome. For more information, please contact Kristi Bailey, BS, HTL, Lead Histotechnologist at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Rudolph J. Castellani, MD, Director, Center for Neuropathology and Research Histology Laboratory, at email@example.com.