The 35th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Research Day, sponsored by the medical school, will be held on
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at the Radisson Plaza Hotel in Kalamazoo
8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Please mark your calendars with these important dates:
- January 16 - Online form opens for abstract submission
- February 20 - Deadline for abstract submission at 11:30 p.m. Eastern time
- February 22 - Scoring begins
- March 13 - Authors notified of results
- April 28 - Oral presentatiion PowerPoint files due at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time
- May 2 - Research Day 2017
The submission categories are as follows:
- Basic Sciences: Activities related to fundamental, theoretical, or experimental sciences including development of technologies and techniques.
- Clinical: Activities related to safety and effectiveness of medications, devices, diagnostic products; and treatment regimens intended for human use including analysis of established clinical practice and case presentations.
- Community: Activities related to identifying and addressing community health needs.
- Education: Activities related to the design, development, and implementation of educational programs or events including the utilization of technology in the classroom setting.
- Medical Humanities: Activities related to the application of humanities, social sciences, and the arts to medical education and practice.
- Quality Improvement: Activities related to performance improvement or quality improvement of medical practice including the enhancement of healthcare delivery.
Abstracts will be submitted on line. The web address to view instructions and abstract submission forms will be communicated over the next few weeks. If you have any questions, please contact Craig Beam, Chair, Research Day Planning Committee vis Craig.Beam@med.wmich.edu or Kitty Momburg, Office of the Dean, via Kitty.Momburg@med.wmich.edu.
The 34th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Research Day was held on May 4, 2016 and included 46 oral presentations in nine sessions, and 117 poster presentations.
2016 Program with Abstracts