Rebekah Marion Sharp, MD
Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Dr. Rebekah Sharp is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is employed by Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine. She is a graduate of Michigan State University with a BS in Zoology in June 1999. She earned her MD also from Michigan State University College of Human Medicine in June 2003. She completed her Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan in June 2007. She also served as the 2006-2007 Administrative Chief Resident. From 2007-2018, she was in private practice in Kalamazoo, Michigan. She became a NAMS Certified Menopause practitioner in 2014. Her clinical, teaching, and research interests include minimally invasive gynecologic surgery and menopause management.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
Education and Training
- Residency 2007, Obstetrics and Gynecology, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor
- MD 2003, Medicine, Michigan State University
- BS 1999, Zoology, Michigan State University
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Intrauterine Devices
- General Obstetrics
- General Gynecology
Sharp R., Bello-DeOcampo D., Quader S., Webber M. N-(4-hydroxyphenyl)retinamide (4-HPR) decreases neoplastic properties of human prostate cells: An agent for prevention Mutation Research - Genetic Toxicology and Environmental Mutagenesis. 2001;496:163-170. doi: 10.1016/S1383-5718(01)00231-5.
Webber M.M., Bello-DeOcampo D., Quader S., Sharp R.M., Deocampo N.D., Metcalfe W.S. Modulation of the malignant phenotype of human prostate cancer cells by N-(4-hydroxyphenyl)retinamide (4-HPR) Clinical and Experimental Metastasis. 1999;17:255-263. doi: 10.1023/A:1006665616932.
- 30-Day ED Visits and Readmissions Pre and Post ERAS Implementation in Hysterectomy Patients in a Community Hospital. Dominick K, Schultz K, Sassic J, Sharp R, Linares S, 38th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Virtual Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2021
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Implementation for Hysterectomies in a Michigan Community Hospital. Schultz K, Dominick K, Sassic J, Sharp R, Linares S, 38th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Virtual Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2021
- Virtual Residency Interviews: The Perspective of 2020-2021 OBGYN Applicants. Schultz K, Swayze E, Vos D, Taubel D, Sharp R, 38th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Virtual Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2021