Nicholas J Helmstetter, MD
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine
Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Nicholas Helmstetter, MD, is an internal medicine-pediatrics physician. He is a graduate of Kalamazoo College in Kalamazoo, Michigan, where he majored in biology, played football, and studied abroad in Madrid, Spain. He earned his medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan, in 2014. He completed his residency training with University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor, Michigan, before joining the Med-Peds faculty at WMed. His interests include primary care, hospital medicine, and resident and medical student education.
- American Board of Pediatrics (General Pediatrics)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Education and Training
- Residency 2018, Internal Medicine-Pediatrics, University of Michigan
- MD 2014, Wayne State University
- BA 2010, Biology, Kalamazoo College
Greenberg J., Greenberg J., Helmstetter N. Chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction due to Strongyloides stercoralis IDCases. 2018;13 doi: 10.1016/j.idcr.2018.e00425.