Wade W Kang, MBBS
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Wade Wei Kang, MD, is a board-certified vascular surgeon practicing with Bronson Vein Clinic in Battle Creek and Kalamazoo, Michigan. He earned his medical degree from Fundan University Shanghai Medical School, Shanghai, China. He completed a general surgery residency with Hebei Provincial Hospital, Shijiazhuang, Hebei, China. He later completed an additional general surgery residency with Temple University St. Luke's School of Medicine, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. He completed a fellowship in vascular surgery with the Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio.
Dr. Kang went to private practice after his fellowship. His practice includes a wide range of vascular surgery including open and endovascular. He likes teaching and enjoys working with residents and medical students.
- American Board of Surgery (Vascular Surgery)
- American Board of Surgery (Surgery)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2010, Vascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Residency 2008, General Surgery, Temple University
- Residency 1997, General Surgery, Hebei Provincial Hospital
- MBBS 1991, Fudan University
- Endovascular Interventions
Kang W., Theman T., Reed J., Stoltzfus J., Weger N. The Effect of Preoperative Clopidogrel on Bleeding After Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery Journal of Surgical Education. 2007;64:88-92. doi: 10.1016/j.jsurg.2006.10.003.