Welcome from the Program Director
Thank you for virtually visiting us! Please take some time to explore our website and learn more about our program. Do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions about joining our team!
Our Vision (What We Aspire To)
To advance health equity by contributing to an adequate supply of excellent Family Physicians.
Our Mission (Why We Exist)
To prepare and equip Family Medicine Residents to provide a lifetime of compassionate, comprehensive, culturally competent and evidence-based clinical care to patients and their families
Our Aims (How to Achieve the Mission)
- Recruit high quality residents dedicated to the practice of Family Medicine
- Train residents who are:
- Prepared to pass the American Board of Family Medicine Certification Examination
- Competent in the evidence-based practice of the full spectrum of Family Medicine
- Successful in the professional position of their choice
- Compassionate and culturally competent
- Capable of maintaining their personal wellness
What Makes Us Unique?
- Our continuity clinic is based in the Family Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center.
- We provide care to a diverse, underserved population.
- Our inpatient Family Medicine Service is led by our Kalamazoo faculty at Bronson Methodist Hospital, a community-based hospital.
- We provide inpatient care to our continuity clinic patients.
- Our Maternity Care Clinic supports complete care of women through all stages of their pregnancy as well as their newborn infant.
- Our faculty maintain specialty clinics in Transgender Healthcare, Obesity Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine within the residency continuity clinic.
- Residents gain hands-on experience in these populations from Day One!
- Check out this video for taste of what WMed is all about