Stephanie D Markle, DO, MPH
Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Stephanie Markle, DO, MPH, is a board-certified acute care surgeon with Borgess Surgical Specialties in Kalamazoo, Michigan. She is a graduate of Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York. She earned both a master's degree in public health and a medical degree from Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She completed a general surgery residency with Botsford Hospital in Farmington Hills, Michigan, which is part of the Michigan State University network of residency sites. She also completed both a surgical critical care fellowship and an acute care surgery fellowship, both with University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida.
- American Osteopathic Board of Surgery (General Surgery)
- American Osteopathic Board of Surgery (Surgical Critical Care)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2016, Acute Care Surgery, University of Florida
- Fellowship 2015, Surgical Critical Care, University of Florida
- Residency 2014, General Surgery, Michigan State University
- DO 2009, Nova Southeastern University
- MPH 2009, Public Health, Nova Southeastern University
- BA 2004, Psychology, Syracuse University
- Critical Care
Rosenthal M.D., Raza A., Markle S., Croft C.A., Mohr A.M., Stephen Smith R. The novel use of resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta to explore a retroperitoneal hematoma in a hemodynamically unstable patient American Surgeon. 2017;83(4):337-340.