Associate Professor, Emeritus, Department of Family and Community Medicine
Associate Professor, Emeritus, Department of Biomedical Informatics
Peter Ziemkowski, MD, is a graduate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago. He completed his residency in family medicine at Michigan State University, Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies (KCMS), Kalamazoo. Subsequently he completed both a fellowship in medical informatics at the Center for Applied Medical Informatics at KCMS, and the Michigan State University Primary Care Faculty Development fellowship.
Dr. Ziemkowski served as Associate Dean for Student Affairs at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker MD School of Medicine until his retirement in April 2022. His clinical interests include the care of metabolic conditions associated with cardiovascular risk, especially the appropriate primary care of diabetes mellitus.
Dr. Ziemkowski is board certified in both Family Medicine and Clinical Informatics.
- American Board of Preventive Medicine (Clinical Informatics)
- American Board of Family Medicine (Family Medicine)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2002, Primary Care Faculty Development Fellowship Program, Michigan State University
- Fellowship 1999, Medical Informatics, Michigan State University
- Residency 1997, Family Medicine, Michigan State University-Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies
- Internship 1995, Emergency Medicince, University of Michigan
- Internship 1994, Family Medicine, Michigan State University-Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies
- MD 1993, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- BS 1985, Computer Science and Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Family Medicine
- Clinical Informatics