Peter J Ziemkowski, MD
Associate Dean, Student Affairs
Associate Professor, Department of Biomedical Informatics
Associate Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
269.349.2641 ext. 550
Peter Ziemkowski, MD, is a graduate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago. He completed his residency in family medicine at Michigan State University, Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies (KCMS), Kalamazoo. Subsequently he completed both a fellowship in medical informatics at the Center for Applied Medical Informatics at KCMS, and the Michigan State University Primary Care Faculty Development fellowship.
Dr. Ziemkowski serves as Associate Dean for Student Affairs at the new Western Michigan University Homer Stryker MD School of Medicine. He remains faculty in the Family Medicine Residency Program, precepting residents and seeing his own patients in clinic. Dr. Ziemkowski's clinical interests include the care of metabolic conditions associated with cardiovascular risk, especially the appropriate primary care of diabetes mellitus.
He is board certified in both Family Medicine and Clinical Informatics.
- American Board of Preventive Medicine (Clinical Informatics)
- American Board of Family Medicine (Family Medicine)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2002, Primary Care Faculty Development Fellowship Program, Michigan State University
- Fellowship 1999, Medical Informatics, Michigan State University
- Residency 1997, Family Medicine, Michigan State University
- Internship 1995, Emergency Medicince, University of Michigan
- Internship 1994, Family Medicine, Michigan State University
- MD 1993, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- BS 1985, Computer Science and Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Family Medicine
- Clinical Informatics