Karla K Dunning, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Karla Dunning, MD, is a board-certified pathologist with Pathology Services of Kalamazoo. She is a graduate of Gustavus Adolphus College in Saint Peter, Minnesota. She earned her medical degree from University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis, Minnesota, which is also where she completed her residency in anatomic and clinical pathology, as well as two fellowships, one in hematopathology and one in cytopathology.
In addition to her board certification in anatomic and clinical pathology, Dr. Dunning also holds a sub-board certification in hematology and an additional board certification in cytopathology.
- American Board of Pathology (Cytopathology)
- American Board of Pathology (Pathology - Hematology)
- American Board of Pathology (Pathology - Anatomic)
- American Board of Pathology (Pathology - Clinical)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2010, Cytopathology, University of Minnesota
- Fellowship 2009, Hematopathology, University of Minnesota
- Residency 2008, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Minnesota
- MD 2004, University of Minnesota
- Student Fellow 2002, Pathology, University of Minnesota
- BA 1998, Biology and Art History, Gustavus Adolphus College
Tasso D., Dunning K., McKenna R., Pambuccian S. Erythroblastosis in the peritoneal fluid of a newborn Diagnostic Cytopathology. 2013;41(5):431-433. doi: 10.1002/dc.22823.
Dunning K., Ferrieri P., Pambuccian S. Nocardia in a bronchaolveolar lavage specimen Diagnostic Cytopathology. 2011;39(10):758-759. doi: 10.1002/dc.21504.
Dunning K., Safo A. The ultimate Wright-Giemsa stain: 60 years in the making Biotechnic and Histochemistry. 2011;86(2):69-75. doi: 10.3109/10520295.2010.515496.
Hart M., Dunning K., Attam R., Pambuccian S. Crystals in a pancreatic endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspirate Diagnostic Cytopathology. 2011;39(9):673-674. doi: 10.1002/dc.21493.
McKenna R., Pambuccian S. Adrenal extranodal NK/T-cell lymphoma diagnosed by fine-needle aspiration and cerebrospinal fluid cytology and immunophenotyping: A case report Diagnostic Cytopathology. 2009;37(9):686-695. doi: 10.1002/dc.21077.