Lauren S Piper, DO
Assistant Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
269.349.2641 ext. 550
Lauren Piper, DO, is a family physician. She graduated from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed her family medicine residency, with a certificate of emphasis in Women’s Health, at Metropolitan Hospital in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Following residency, Dr. Piper worked in Marshall, Michigan, doing full spectrum family medicine including inpatient care, outpatient care, prenatal care and deliveries, as well as nursing home care. In 2014, she left private practice to become an Assistant Professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.
Dr. Piper is a certified ALSO instructor and continues to practice full spectrum family medicine. She serves as the Clinic Director for the Family Medicine Residency Clinic at the Kalamazoo Family Health Center. Dr. Piper has interests in maternal/infant health, domestic violence, and preventative health care.
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Medicine (Family Medicine/OMT)
Education and Training
- Residency 2005, Women's Health focus, Metropolitan Hospital
- Residency 2003, Obstetrics and Gynecology,
- Transitional Internship 2002, Metropolitan Hospital
- DO 2001, Michigan State University
- BA 1996, Health Sciences, Kalamazoo College
- Maternal-Infant Health
- Clinic management