Yanny L Phillips, DO, PhD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Yanny Phillips DO is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine. She is Board Certified with the American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry. She is employed with the Bronson Healthcare Group. She is a graduate of Boston University with a BA in Psychology and Minor in Biology - Cum Laude with Distinction in May 1999. She has a PhD in Neuroscience from Michigan State University in May 2008. She earned her DO also from Michigan State University in May 2008. She completed a Research Fellowship in Neuro-Ophthalmology from Michigan State University in May 2010. She completed a Residency in Neurology from Michigan State University - Sparrow Hospital in August 2013. She also completed a Fellowship in Neurophysiology from Michigan State University - Sparrow Hospital in May 2014.
- American Osteopathic Board of Neurology & Psychiatry (Neurology)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2014, Neurophysiology,
- Residency 2013, Neurology , Michigan State University
- Research Fellowship 2010, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Michigan State University
- Internship 2009, Mercy Health Partners
- DO 2008, Medical Scientist Training Program, Michigan State University
- PhD 2008, Neuroscience - Program Research Excellence Award 2006, Michigan State University
- BA 1999, Psychology with minor concentration in Biology - Cum Laude with Distinction, Boston University
Phillips Y., Eggenberger E. Neuro-ophthalmic sarcoidosis Current Opinion in Ophthalmology. 2010;21(6):423-429. doi: 10.1097/ICU.0b013e32833eae4d.