Alan S Messinger, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Alan Messinger, MD, is a board-certified plastic surgeon with Bronson Plastic Surgery Specialists in Portage, Michigan. He is a graduate of Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois. He earned his medical degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago. He completed a general surgery residency with Southwest Michigan Health Education Center in Kalamazoo, Michigan, which later became Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine, then completed a residency in plastic and reconstructive surgery with Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Illinois. He has been in practice in the Kalamazoo area since 1989.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (Plastic Surgery)
Education and Training
- Residency 1989, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center - Maywood
- Residency 1986, General Surgery, Southwest Michigan Area Health Education Center
- MD 1981, University of Illinois at Chicago
- BS 1977, Premedicine, Northwestern University
Messinger A., Radkowski M., Greenwald M., Pensler J. Orbital roof fractures in the pediatric population Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1989;84(2):213-216. doi: 10.1097/00006534-198908000-00003.
Newman F., Messinger A. A method for lining the superiorly based pharyngeal flap Annals of Plastic Surgery. 1985;14(4):346-350. doi: 10.1097/00000637-198504000-00008.