Prasanth Pillai, DO
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Prasanth Pillai, DO, is a pediatric hematology/oncology and hospice & palliative medicine physician at Bronson Children's Hospital in Kalamazoo, MI. He is a graduate of the College of Osteopathic Medicine at Michigan State University. He completed his residency in general pediatrics at Nationwide Children's Hospital/Ohio State University. He then completed fellowships in pediatric hematology/oncology and hospice and palliative medicine through the Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners and the College of Human Medicine at Michigan State University. His clinical interests include: adolescent and young adult oncology, pediatric palliative oncology, and global health.
- American Board of Pediatrics (General Pediatrics)
- American Board of Pediatrics (Pediatric Hematology-Oncology)
- American Board of Pediatrics (Hospice and Palliative Medicine)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2017, Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners
- Fellowship 2015, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Michigan State University
- Residency 2012, Pediatrics, The Ohio State University
- DO 2009, Michigan State University
- BS 2004, Biopsychology, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- PEDIATRIC PALLIATIVE ONCOLOGY
Pillai P., Bonny A.E., Bonny A.E., O'Brien S.H., O'Brien S.H. Contraception-Related Venous Thromboembolism in a Pediatric Institution Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. 2013;26(3):186-188. doi: 10.1016/j.jpag.2013.02.009.