Robert J LaPenna, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Dr. Robert Lapenna is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine. He is Board Certified in Nuclear Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. He is employed by the Borgess Medical Center. He is a graduate of Grand Rapids Community College with an AS in 1970.
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Cardiovascular Disease)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 1981, Cardiology Fellowship,
- Residency 1978, Internal Medicine , Southwest Michigan Area Health Education Center
- MD 1975, Michigan State University
- BS 1972, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- AS 1970, Grand Rapids Community College
Thind G.S., Agrawal Y., Kalavakunta J.K., Lapenna R. A case of congenital coronary-pulmonary fistulas presenting as spontaneous mediastinal haemorrhage BMJ Case Reports. 2017;2017 doi: 10.1136/bcr-2017-221282.
LaPenna R., Folger G. Extreme Upper Airway Obstruction with the Marshall Syndrome Clinical Pediatrics. 1982;21(8):507-510. doi: 10.1177/000992288202100815.