Anna Maria Welcome, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Anna Welcome, MD, is a board-certified obesity medicine specialist. She completed her medical education at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina. She completed her obstetrics and gynecology residency at the University of Rochester in Rochester, New York. She started her career as an obstetrician-gynecologist physician in the Seattle, Washington, area for several years. She continued to foster her growing interest in the field of Obesity Medicine and, in 2014, she began to practice this specialty full time in the Seattle area. In 2018, she accepted a position at Bronson Healthcare Group in obesity medicine with a keen interest in teaching medical students, residents, and established physicians about the treatment of persons with obesity and overweight.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
Education and Training
- Residency 2006, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester
- MD 2002, Medicine, East Carolina University
- MFA 1989, Costume Design for Theatre, Brandeis University
- BFA 1986, Costume Design for Theatre, Illinois State University
- Obesity in Pregnancy
- Obesity Prevention
Welcome A. The consequences of multiple births and the regulation of assisted reproductive technologies Current Surgery. 2000;57(2):163-165. doi: 10.1016/S0149-7944(00)00188-4.