Sean P O'Brien, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Sean O'Brien, MD, is a board-certified vascular surgeon with The Surgical Group of Southwest Michigan in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He is a graduate of University of Notre Dame in Notre Dame, Indiana. He earned his medical degree from Michigan State University College of Human Medicine in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He completed an internship in general surgery with Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan, a residency in general surgery with Michigan State University - Kalamazoo Center of Medical Studies in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and a vascular surgery fellowship with Medical College of Pennsylvania Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- American Board of Surgery (Surgery)
- American Board of Surgery (Vascular Surgery)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 1999, Vascular Surgery, Medical College of Pennsylvania
- Residency 1997, General Surgery, Michigan State University
- Internship 1993, General Surgery, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- MD 1992, Michigan State University
- BA 1988, Pre-Professional and Psychology, University of Notre Dame
- Spanish, functional
- Vascular Surgery
Boros M., Boros M., O'Brien S., McLaren J., Collins J. High ligation of the saphenofemoral junction in endovenous obliteration of varicose veins Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. 2008;42(3):235-238. doi: 10.1177/1538574407312647.
Jain K., O'Brien S., Munn J., Simoni E., Madson D. Axillobifemoral bypass: Elective versus emergent operation Annals of Vascular Surgery. 1998;12:265-269. doi: 10.1007/s100169900151.
O'Brien S., Simoni E., Jain K., Munn J. Arteriovenous fistula and pseudoaneurysm formation following heel endoscopy European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. 1997;13:240-241. doi: 10.1016/S1078-5884(97)80029-9.