John T Collins, MD
Associate Professor, Department of Surgery
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
John Collins, MD, is a board-certified vascular surgeon with The Surgical Group of Southwest Michigan in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He is a graduate of Kalamazoo College, also in Kalamazoo. He earned his medical degree from University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He completed a residency in general surgery with Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii, and a fellowship in peripheral vascular surgery with Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.
- American Board of Surgery (Surgery)
- American Board of Surgery (Vascular Surgery)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 1979, Peripheral Vascular Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Residency 1976, General Surgery, Tripler Army Medical Center
- MD 1972, University of Michigan
- BA 1968, Premedicine, Kalamazoo College
Shebrain S., Nava K., Munene G., Shattuck C., Collins J., Sawyer R. Virtual Surgery Oral Board Examinations in the Era of COVID-19 Pandemic. How I Do It! Journal of Surgical Education. 2020 doi: 10.1016/j.jsurg.2020.09.012.
Shebrain S., Mahmood G., Munene G., Miller L., Collins J., Sawyer R. The Role of Manual Dexterity and Cognitive Functioning in Enhancing Resident Operative Autonomy Journal of Surgical Education. 2019;76(6):e66-e76. doi: 10.1016/j.jsurg.2019.06.002.