Carla M Schwalm, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Carla M Schwalm, MD, is a board-certified pediatric hematologist/oncologist with Bronson Pediatric Hematology/Oncology in Kalamazoo, Michigan. She is a graduate of Indiana University Medical School, Indianapolis, Indiana. She completed a pediatric residency at Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia. She then completed a fellowship in pediatric hematology and oncology at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
In addition to her clinical duties, Dr. Schwalm serves as Medical Director of Bronson's Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Department, a service deployment leader for Bronson Medical Group, Co-Chair of Bronson's Quality and Safety Committee, and a committee member of several other committees throughout Bronson, including their Central-Line Associated Bloodstream Infection (CLABSI) work group. Her clinical teaching interests relate to all aspects of pediatric hematology and oncology.
- American Board of Pediatrics (General Pediatrics)
- American Board of Pediatrics (Pediatric Hematology-Oncology)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2010, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, University of Michigan
- Residency 2007, Pediatrics, Eastern Virginia Medical School
- MD 2004, Indiana University
- BS 2000, Chemistry and Biology, University of Indianapolis
- Pediatric Hematology & Oncology
- Continuous Quality Improvement
Rolland D., Basrur V., Jeon Y., McNeil-Schwalm C., Fermin D., Conlon K., Zhou Y., Ng S., Tsou C., Brown N., Thomas D., Bailey N., Omenn G., Nesvizhskii A., Root D., Weinstock D., Faryabi R., Lim M., Elenitoba-Johnson K. Functional proteogenomics reveals biomarkers and therapeutic targets in lymphomas Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2017;114(25):6581-6586. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1701263114.