Roua Azmeh, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Dr. Roua Azmeh is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent and the Department of Medicine. She is Board Certified in Pediatrics with a specialty in Allergy/Immunology. She is employed by Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine. She is a graduate of the University of Dayton with a BS in Biology in May 2007. She earned her MD from Washington University in Saint Louis School of Medicine in May 2011. She then completed a Pediatrics residency at the University of Michigan in June 2014. She returned to Saint Louis University to complete a fellowship in Allergy/Immunology at Saint Louis University in June 2017. She is now an Assistant Professor of Allergy and Immunology with a special clinical interest in food allergy.
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology (Allergy and Immunology)
- American Board of Pediatrics (General Pediatrics)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2017, Allergy & Immunology, Saint Louis University
- Residency 2014, Pediatrics, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- MD 2011, Washington University in St Louis
- BS 2007, Biology, University of Dayton
- Arabic, fluent
- English, fluent
Greydanus D.E., Cabral M.D., Azmeh R., Dickson C.A., Patel D.R. Acne in the first three decades of life: An update of a disorder with profound implications for all decades of life Disease-a-Month. 2021;67 doi: 10.1016/j.disamonth.2020.101103.
Patel D.R., Lloyd R.D., Dickson C.A., Azmeh R., Greydanus D.E., Ischander M.M., Agana M.G. Update in Pediatric Asthma: Selected Issues Disease-a-Month. 2020;66 doi: 10.1016/j.disamonth.2019.100886.
Leonov A., Greydanus D.E., Elisa A., Azmeh R. Should rare immunologic, neurologic, and other adverse events be indications to withhold vaccination? Translational Pediatrics. 2019;8:419-427. doi: 10.21037/TP.2019.06.01.
Rodrigues J., Caruthers C., Azmeh R., Dykewicz M., Slavin R., Knutsen A. The spectrum of allergic fungal diseases of the upper and lower airways Expert Review of Clinical Immunology. 2016;12(5):531-550. doi: 10.1586/1744666X.2016.1142874.
Azmeh R., Leo H. In-school asthma management and physical activity: Children's perspectives Pediatrics. 2014;134:S180. doi: 10.1542/peds.2014-1817CCCC.
Lueder G., Lueder G., Azmeh R. Delayed visual maturation in otherwise normal infants Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology. 2013;251(3):941-944. doi: 10.1007/s00417-012-2140-3.
- Secondary Organizing Pneumonia in a 5-Year-Old Patient With Down Syndrome and T Cell Deficiency. Nguyen M, Azmeh R, Ischander M, 38th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Virtual Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2021
- Successful Desensitization in a Patient With Adalimumab Hypersensitivity. Woolery S, Bauler L, Azmeh R, Jones P, 38th Annual Kalamazoo Community Medical and Health Sciences Virtual Research Day, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 04/2021