Brandon J Hooks, DO
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Brandon Hooks, DO, is a board certified pulmonologist with Borgess Pulmonary & Sleep Medicine in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He is a graduate of Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan. He earned his medical degree from A.T. Still School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona in Mesa, Arizona. He completed an internal medicine residency with Genesys Regional Medical Center in Grand Blanc, Michigan, and a pulmonary disease and critical care medicine fellowship with St. John Providence-Providence Park Hospital in Southfield, Michigan.
Dr. Hooks has an interest in undergraduate medical education and using evidence based medicine practice models to improve the education and clinical experience for those in training. Some of his other interests include quality improvement and management of care for patients with pulmonary disease.
- American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2018, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine, Michigan State University
- Residency 2015, Internal Medicine, Genesys Regional Medical Center
- DO 2012, A.T. Still University
- BS 2007, Biology, Oakland University
- EMT-B 2004, Emergency Medical Technician - Basic, Oakland Community College
- pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Obstructive