Mark M Kanzawa, DO
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Mark Kanzawa, DO, is a board-certified psychiatrist and Program Director of the Psychiatry Residency Program at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He is a graduate of Illinois State University in Normal, Illinois. He earned his medical degree from Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. He completed an internship with Chicago Osteopathic Medical Centers, also in Chicago, and a psychiatry residency with Michigan Health Center in Detroit, Michigan.
Prior to his position with the Department of Psychiatry, Dr. Kanzawa had a general psychiatry private practice in southeastern Michigan for eighteen years, working in both the outpatient and inpatient settings, which provides a wide base of experience for the psychiatry residents to draw from.
- American Osteopathic Board of Neurology & Psychiatry (Psychiatry)
Education and Training
- Residency 1991, Psychiatry, Michigan Health Center
- Internship 1988, Rotating Internship, Chicago Osteopathic Medical Center
- DO 1987, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine
- BS 1983, Premedicine, Illinois State University
- English, fluent
Priebe G.A., Kanzawa M.M. Reducing the progression of Alzheimer's disease in Down syndrome patients with micro-dose lithium Medical Hypotheses. 2020;137 doi: 10.1016/j.mehy.2020.109573.
- Catatonia. Kanzawa M, American College of Osteopathic Neurologists and Psychiatrists 2019 Summer Meeting, Traverse City,Michigan, 07/2019