David Steiger, MD, JD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine
Clinical Assistant Professor, Program in Medical Ethics, Humanities, and Law
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
David Steiger, MD, JD, is a board-certified intensivist with Ascension-Borgess Medical Center in Kalamazoo, Michigan. is a graduate of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, which is also where he earned his law degree. He had careers in law and finance before attending Wayne State University Medical School, Detroit, Michigan, for his medical degree. He completed an internal medicine residency at the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, followed by a critical care medicine fellowship at Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon. Dr. Steiger currently provides critical care to medical, cardiovascular, and neurosurgical patients in the ICU at Borgess Medical Center. His practice and academic interests include dynamic indices of fluid resuscitation, ARDS, diuretic-induced hypernatremia, and practical implementation of evidence-based principles.
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Critical Care Medicine)
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2012, Critical Care Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University
- Residency 2010, Internal Medicine, University of Florida
- MD 2007, Wayne State University
- JD 1991, University of Michigan
- BA 1988, Philosophy, University of Michigan
- Diuretics, Thiazide
March C., Steiger D., Scholl G., Mohan V., Hersh W., Gold J. Use of simulation to assess electronic health record safety in the intensive care unit: A pilot study BMJ Open. 2013;3(4) doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2013-002549.