Erik E Sievertsen, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Erik E. Sievertsen, MD, is a board-certified emergency physician practicing with Kalamazoo Emergency Associates in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He is a graduate from the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana. He earned his medical degree from the Chicago Medical School. He completed an emergency medicine residency at Cook County Hospital, Chicago, Illinois. Since graduation, he has worked continuously in trauma centers in Michigan, including Hackley Hospital, Sparrow Ionia, and Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial Hospital. He also served as a flight physician for Aero Med in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- American Board of Emergency Medicine (Emergency Medicine)
Education and Training
- Residency 1998, Emergency Medicine, Cook County Hospital
- Preliminary Residency 1995, General Surgery, Georgia Baptist Hospital
- Preliminary Residency 1993, General Surgery, Louisiana State University
- Preliminary Residency 1992, Orthopaedic Surgery, Louisiana State University
- MD 1991, Chicago Medical School-North Chicago
- BS 1987, Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Emergency Medicine
McManus N., Offman R., Provatas T., Sievertsen E. An Eye with a Heartbeat: Carotid Cavernous Fistula–a Case Report Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2018;55(3):e75-e76. doi: 10.1016/j.jemermed.2018.05.015.