WMed Health Surgical Oncology uses surgery to diagnose, stage and treat cancer, relieve symptoms, prevent cancer from returning or spreading, and to manage some related symptoms. Surgery is the only treatment needed for some patients, while WMed Health’s surgical oncologist might recommend radiation therapy or chemotherapy for others.
WMed Health treats patients with a wide variety of malignant and benign tumors.
- Malignant: Ductal Carcinoma, Lobular Carcinoma, Ductal Carcinoma in Situ (DCIS), Medullary Breast Cancer
- High Risk Breast Cancer Lesions: Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia (ADH), Radial scar, Intraductal papilloma, Lobular Carcinoma in Situ (LCIS), Bloody nipple discharge, Patients with BIRADS 4 or 5 mammogram reports
- Genetic Predisposition: Patients with Hereditary breast Cancer considering prophylactic mastectomy (BRCA1/2, PALB2 mutations)
- Malignant Melanoma: Head and Neck, face, ears, scalp, trunk, extremities
- Melanoma in situ
- Merkel cell carcinoma
- Basal Cell Carcinoma (advanced cases)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma (advanced cases)
Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Colon Adenocarcinoma
- Rectal Adenocarcinoma
- Rectal Carcinoids or Rectal GI stromal Tumors (GIST)
- Large Adenomas or Polyps of Rectum or Colon not amenable to polypectomy
Endocrine Tumors/Endocrine Conditions
- Thyroid: Thyroid carcinoma (papillary, medullary, follicular)
- Thyroid Nodules
- Thyroid Cysts
- Parathyroid: Hyperparathyroidism
- Adrenal: Aldosteronoma, pheochromocytoma, Cushing’s disease
Soft Tissue Tumors
- Malignant: Soft tissue extremity sarcoma
- Trunk Sarcoma
- Retroperitoneal sarcoma
- Retroperitoneal masses
WMed Health Surgical Oncology is located at 1000 Oakland Drive on the 1st floor in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Parking is available adjacent to the building. Our practice is a non-smoking environment. We strive to provide a clean environment for our patients.
Fees and Insurance
WMed Health Surgery participates with many insurance providers, including Medicaid and Medicaid Health Plans. Before your first visit, check with your insurance company to understand what services will be paid for by your insurance plan. For every appointment, you will need to bring your insurance card(s). Co-pays are due at the time of service and accepted forms of payment are cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. If you have questions, our patient financial counselors we are ready to help you. Please call our Billing Department at 269.337.4460.
A referral by a healthcare provider may be required depending on your insurance coverage. To refer, call 269.337.6289 or fax 269.337.6547. To make a referral in Epic, "Add Order" at the bottom of the right of the progress note or within the Meds and Orders section, search for the word "referral" and the Epic referral name WMed General Surgery.