Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Education
Jared Kilpatrick, MD, MEHP, is a board-certified emergency medicine physician with the Departments of Emergency Medicine and Medical Education at Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He is a graduate of Alma College, Alma, Michigan. He earned his medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan. He completed an emergency medicine residency with Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He completed a fellowship in medical education with Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Kilpatrick has also earned a masters of education in the health professions from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, and a teaching fellowship with the American College of Emergency Physicians, Fort Worth, Texas. Dr. Kilpatrick has clinical, teaching, and research interests in medical education and emergency medicine.
Education and Training
- Fellowship 2022, Medical Education, Thomas Jefferson University
- MEd 2022, Education in the Health Professions, Johns Hopkins University
- Fellowship 2021, Emergency Medicine Teaching, American College of Emergency Physicians
- Residency 2020, Emergency Medicine, Allegheny General Hospital
- MD 2017, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- BS 2013, Biology and Chemistry, Alma College
- Medical Education
- Emergency Medicine
Poluch M., Feingold-Link J., Ankam N., Kilpatrick J., Cameron K., Chandra S., Doty A., Klein M., McCarthy D., Rising K., Salzman D., Ziring D., Papanagnou D. I Don't Have a Diagnosis for You: Preparing Medical Students to Communicate Diagnostic Uncertainty in the Emergency Department MedEdPORTAL : the journal of teaching and learning resources. 2022;18:11218.
Thimm T.N., Kiefer C.S., Aloi M.S., Davenport M., Kilpatrick J., Bush J.S., Jennings L., Davis S.M., Quedado K., Shaver E.B. Does the medical student performance evaluation change the decision to invite residency applicants? Western Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2021;22(5):1102-1109.
- Assessing the utility of online simulation software for medical student evaluation. Kilpatrick J, Kehm K, Zhang X, Papanagnou D, 2021 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Annual Meeting, Virtual, Online, 05/2021
- Does the MSPE change the decision to invite residency applicants?. Thimm T, Kilpatrick J, Aloi M, Davenport M, Jennings L, Bush J, Davis S, Quedado K, Kiefer C, The Council of Residency Directors of Emergency Medicine Academic Assembly, New York, New York, 03/2020