We provide comprehensive care for patients of all ages -- infants, children, adolescents, and adults -- with respiratory tract problems at WMed Health Cystic Fibrosis. The services we provide include treatment of acute and chronic lung diseases, asthma care, care for children with disabilities and respiratory problems, care for adult and pediatric patients with cystic fibrosis in our multidisciplinary Cystic Fibrosis Center, and care for patients with ventilator needs. The cystic fibrosis program also extends through a transitional clinic for adult patients.
WMed Health Cystic Fibrosis is located at 1000 Oakland Drive on the 1st floor in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Parking is available adjacent to the building. Our clinic is a non-smoking environment. We strive to provide a clean environment for our patients.
Fees and Insurance
WMed Health Cystic Fibrosis participates with many insurance providers, including Medicaid and Medicaid Health Plans. Before your first visit, check with your insurance company to understand what services will be paid for by your insurance plan. For every appointment, you will need to bring your insurance card(s). Co-pays are due at the time of service and accepted forms of payment are cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. If you have questions, our patient financial counselors we are ready to help you. Please call our Billing Department at 269.337.4460.
A referral by a healthcare provider is required. To refer, call 269.337.6289 or fax 269.337.6547. To make a referral in Epic, "Add Order" at the bottom of the right of the progress note or within the Meds and Orders section, search for the word "referral" and the Epic referral name WMed Pediatric Pulmonology.
Our Care Team
- Mariam Ischander, MBChB, FAAP, FCCP, FAASM, Pediatric pulmonologist
- Teresa Bailey, Pharm D, Pharmacist
- Sally Bonnema, RD, Dietician
- Andrea Caskey, LMSW, Medical social worker
- Carolina Herrera, RRT, Registered respiratory therapist
- Kristi Homan, CPhT, Certified pharmacy technician
- Julie Hovey, MA, Medical assistant
- Sheryl Lozowski-Sullivan, MPH, Ph.D, Clinical psychologist
- Nichole Vess, RN, Registered nurse and CF Coordinator
- Debra Wells-Schmidt, RN, Registered nurse