The sequencing core offer both Next-gen sequencing via Illumina MiSeq and Sanger sequencing via ABI SeqStudio Genetic Analyzer. Equipment also includes the Diagenode Bioruptor Pico for NGS library preparation, and Agilent 2100 bioanalyzer, Invitrogen Qubit 4 Fluorometer and ABI QuantStudio3 PCR for NGS library quality control analysis. The core manager runs the MiSeq and SeqStudio with submitted samples and provides fast turn-around service. Scientific director of the core provides consultation for experimental design and data analysis.
The Sequencing Core is comprised of the following equipment:
- (1) Illumina Miseq: Generates up to 25 million sequencing reads with 2 × 300 bp read lengths. Optimal for targeted gene sequencing, small genome sequencing and 16S metagenomics sequencing.
- (1) ABI SeqStudio Genetic Analyzer: Cost-effective and fast turn-around sanger-sequencing platform for plasmid and PCR products sequencing. Also applicable for fragment analysis.
- (1) Agilent 2100 bioanalyzer
- (1) Applied Biosystems MiniAMP Plus ThermoCycler
- (1) Invitrogen Qubit 4
- (1) Isotemp combo Freezer and refrigerator
- (1) Thermofisher Sorvall Legend Micro 21R Refrigerated centrifuge
- (1) HPE server for Bioinformatics.
- (1) Apple MacBook Pro